Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Ah, that fractal life

Well, thanks to Electric Lit for bringing this little interesting study into the light. In Poland, researchers found that many of the classics do indeed have fractal aspects to their writing (an example of science following art?—in terms of ). Very interesting findings. Of course here at my blog I already have a series that's fractal (as well as a piece about the author Algo who writes in the fractal manner), so it's nice to see something like this out there in the world. Not, of course, to say that I am the first to think in such a manner [1].



This fractal image as narrative comes across as closer to reality than the normal way of telling a story (no matter how used to the latter way we may be). I hope to accomplish my next novel in such a manner.

[1] Though this has given me a breakthrough in Romania, of all places, as the fractal story caught the eye of a professor there working on chaos theory in literature. Good times. So if you find me somewhere there, I want that tweeted.

Enjoyed the writing? Please share it via email, facebook, twitter, or one of the buttons below (or through some other method you prefer). Thank you! As always, here's the tip jar. Throw some change in there and help cover the costs!

Then Subscribe to my mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to add to the discussion. Be kind. But let the democratic ideal lead you. And no spamming!