Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Run, Audiobook. CityMuse AudioBook

The Summer here in the Pacific NW isn't what it should be, though that's not entirely bad. We had a taste of the previous summer with a streak of 90+ degree days. It was compounded, on a personal level, by a non-functioning AC. Clear hot days would seem to be the reason for summer, but here too many such days a desert it shall make.


I mean that. It was almost frightening to see the green land turn parched, then burn and kick up dust. So much that my tropical self has started to like the cold and raining days. Well, the last few days here have been more spring than anything. Mild weather with clouds and rain and sun; you know, those schizophrenic days where the heat and the cold fight it out and make a mockery of your clothing.

I'm no fan of such days. But I like them better than the high summer here, with its cruel blue sky that threatens at every turn to pick your bones clean. No, with these spring-like days I get to watch clouds above roaming like great herds—all translucent gray and white. I especially like their linings. Fractal cracks in the blue sky.

I'm rambling now. Sorry about that. I've been very busy lately. Here are a few audiobooks. The first, Run, I talked about listening to a few weeks ago. It's short, but at the price of a cup of coffee, it's still worth it. I would like to hear what people have to say about it, if it evokes the same level of emotions as it does for me. So here it is:

Audible

Amazon

iTunes

On that note, there's also Citymuse, the Audiobook. Now, this one is much longer, but a little more vetted than my own. It's a novel that speaks to a similar ghost as Run does, but it's more upfront about it. I also recommend this and think you will love it. If you haven't tried any audiobook yet, try these. It's good way to get into them. It's also a good way to read a book while doing less strenuous work (or driving, when there's no traffic)

Amazon

Audible

iTunes


Good writing, huh? Share it via email, facebook, twitter, or one of the buttons below (or through some other method you prefer). Thank you! As always, here's the tip jar. Throw some change in there and help cover the costs of running this damn thing
Donate Bitcoins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to add to the discussion. Be kind. But let the democratic ideal lead you. And no spamming!