Wednesday, November 16, 2016

VVitch and witches


I was watching a video-lecture on witches and thought back to the movie, Witch. As you may or may not know, it wasn't a movie that I particularly liked. The tension was well done, but it wasn't my sort of thing. I think that the main point of contention was how the movie focused on the idea of an evil in the dark woods. Fine. And that can work for many people. But that it chose not to do it with nuance was another reason I didn't appreciate it. Same with how the movie made witches something real and evil, without looking at the human psychology that hates that which lives in the fringes and how that all plays into politics. Not entirely worthwhile, but you should check out the video. It's worth a look.

Other than that, there hasn't been much else, outside of the election. I'll keep that off this particular channel of mine. More on the next few projects I'm working on: over at Patreon, I have a short story up. Check it out and let me know what you think. 

Enjoyed it? Share it via email, facebook, twitter, or one of the buttons below (or through some other method you prefer). Thank you! As always, here's the tip jar. Throw some change in there & help cover the costs of running this thing. You can use paypal or a credit card.
Donate Bitcoins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to add to the discussion. Be kind. But let the democratic ideal lead you. And no spamming!