Friday, December 9, 2016

World Building and Art

If you've been following this blog over the past couple years at least, you would have read my fictional piece on Art. Called "Art as Life", it actually takes a look at an artist who uses data to create pieces of art that speak of the world. In that piece, and the following ones as well, she uses edge-node paintings and other forms of mapping city and humanscapes. 

Now, when I wrote this story I was simply acting on inspiration. As it turns out, much of the world is filled with people doing just this in other (some might say more original) forms. Take this aspect of world building. Amazing isn't it? It took years. Check out the time lapse. Again, this is some impressive work, is it not? I'm nothing short of amazed.

Or take these medically inspired pieces. Amazing, right? I, for one, can't wait until I can afford a robot arm, or a plotter, so I can create even more complicated pieces from my imagination. Something that can only help my writing. Have you seen such data driven art anywhere? Share them if you can!




Enjoyed it? Share it via email, facebook, twitter, or one of the buttons below (or through some other method you prefer). Thank you! As always, here's the tip jar. Throw some change in there & help cover the costs of running this thing. You can use paypal or a credit card.
Donate Bitcoins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to add to the discussion. Be kind. But let the democratic ideal lead you. And no spamming!