Friday, January 20, 2017

Another Book To Amaze

I recently whined about the situation of the literati in this country. Most countries, in fact, seem to have this issue. But then I come across a book like this, randomly, in the Seattle Library (downtown, visit it if you can) and am blown away by one simple story. I'm not kidding when I say that the literati in this nation is little more than a group of courtesans. I read a short story collection like this one and am utterly blown away. Glad to see people doing great work out there. Check out the book if you can. It is worthwhile.

And on that note, it's my discovery of the book that is worthy of an ode to the Seattle Public Library (and libraries everywhere). Not sure how I saw it, but it was out of the corner of my eye. I was busy doing work, but a short story collection is great because you don't need to dedicate any time to it. And so I did. The item as discovery, and especially the book as discovery, is one of the greatest feelings in this life. Go out there and support your local library!

Enjoyed it? Share it via email, facebook, twitter, or one of the buttons below (or through some other method you prefer). Thank you! As always, here's the tip jar. Throw some change in there & help cover the costs of running this thing. You can use paypal or a credit card.
Donate Bitcoins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to add to the discussion. Be kind. But let the democratic ideal lead you. And no spamming!