Enjoyed it? Share it via email, facebook, twitter, or one of the buttons below (or through some other method you prefer). Thank you!
As always, here's the tip jar.
paypal.me/nlowhim
Throw some change in there & help cover the costs of running this thing. You can use paypal or a credit card.
Friday, January 6, 2023
Interesting.
Some thoughts on nationalism and the breakup of the USSR. Not sure I agree with it all. Austerity played a large role in many parts of the downfall of the Warsaw bloc etc. I will agree that ethnic nationalism ended up mattering the most and that it still does. I do wonder about what I reading Second hand time, where Russians left in these other countries were essentially attacked and even killed in many cases (and sometimes this was directed at other ethnic groups, and they can only be described as similar to pogroms). I wonder how much that plays a part in current Russian thinking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment to add to the discussion. Be kind. But let the democratic ideal lead you. And no spamming!