Thursday, February 16, 2023

Hersh Full of It?

A retort to Hersh. I decided to post it after talking to a friend who still thinks it's not the west and is, in fact, Russia who did it. Would seem odd to me (and wouldn't our PR be screaming it from the rooftops?[1]) if that were true. On the note of the retort. One point is that finding mines as a cover option for the crime is laughable. Good point but it would appear that we need more details to further speak to this detail (it is implied that it was added, but it's also not certain if a specific kind of exercise would have covered what they were doing). 

The point to the ship used being wrong seems like a stronger rebuttal to me. This includes the possibility of another ship that wasn't anywhere close. I will say I couldn't find confirmation online for what ships were used in the exercise. 

Ditto for the info on the plane (though how we know is beyond me. If it's a secret op, how would we know it flew near there?). 

That being said, this too is a convincing article and I wonder what to make of where the truth is. After all, if the above article is true Hersh is either straight lying or being lied to (and older people don't have good gut instinct for when they're being lied to). 

Hard to say then. 

 I do find it unfortunate that Democracy Now's interview with him didn't dive into these specific questions. Nor into how we would be able to track a secret op (and if it wasn't the west, then why not track Russians around the area at the same time?). But whatever, instead we get he said she said. And still, the motives do point to the west (and all the cheering that our elites have done since). And when I hear about Putin motives I can't help but laugh. It could be true, mind you, but the odds seem pretty low for him doing it to raise his prices. 

So still that's the way I'd bet, that the west did it (I thought it would be wayward intel/specops, but what do I know?). But to know anything out of this murkiness, you kinda do have to do a character trait analysis. You know? Figure out who seems trustworthy cause it's hard to find what a fact is. [2]

[1] Only reason for that kind of silence is if they have a reason to make many people on the left look foolish and wrong. Maybe, but the odds (given the history of those with power... who can essentially be summed up as cruel, foolish, but powerful) are that it's not (every time I've thought, oh, they couldn't be this foolish, they have turned out to be just that. They just know there won't be any major consequences). 

[2] And, again, when the other side just repeats the same crap we've all heard this century, that all naysayers just hate America, just do the thing that will tarnish the nation while making us richer, I have a hard time believing these people trying to crap on Hersh. 

Enjoyed it? Share it via email, facebook, twitter, or one of the buttons below (or through some other method you prefer). Thank you! As always, here's the tip jar. paypal.me/nlowhim Throw some change in there & help cover the costs of running this thing. You can use paypal or a credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to add to the discussion. Be kind. But let the democratic ideal lead you. And no spamming!