I mean it's the age of grift, so it only makes sense (and damn, eight years ago I wrote about it in Labyrinth of souls, so I suppose this idea has been around and yet even I can't entirely fathom the moment when it happens... you know?) [1]that AI spam would be hitting editor's shelves. Wonder how much more this will ruin the internet, or if people (younger generations might be able to see the differences or be able to simply ignore it) will accept it all for what it is. We'll see, I suppose.
But this, from Clarksworld, hits home. Essentially places that didn't have that much spam (when I was an editor at ABP there was plenty of spam, but it was the kind that was so bad you could tell) are being hit hard now. This is in the digital space, but perhaps it could hit the real space too. I'm thinking art printed then sold or perhaps even someone claiming to find a lost manuscript of a famous author (written in the exact style of that author by AI)... though on the latter I suppose we rarely see forgeries anymore, do we?
So we'll see how the hockey stick goes. [2]
[1] Hell, there might have even been a story in a million and one American nights.
[2] We'll see vs we'll se (for non visual we'll sees) should be a thing English, make it happen!
Enjoyed it? Share it via email, facebook, twitter, or one of the buttons below (or through some other method you prefer). Thank you!
As always, here's the tip jar.
paypal.me/nlowhim
Throw some change in there & help cover the costs of running this thing. You can use paypal or a credit card.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment to add to the discussion. Be kind. But let the democratic ideal lead you. And no spamming!